Rule 9: Freight Forwarder Compensation
Carrier shall pay compensation as negotiated on the applicable ocean freight charges to base ports, on cargo loaded, including heavy lift and extra length revenue, but excluding all other charges, except as provided below, subject to the following conditions and exceptions.
A. Compensation to be paid only to Freight Forwarders who are licensed or otherwise authorized by the Federal Maritime Commission.
B. Compensation shall be paid only if the freight forwarder has performed, in addition to the solicitation and securing of the cargo for the ship or the booking of, or otherwise arranging for space for such cargo, two or more of the following services:
1) The coordination of the movement of the cargo to shipside
2) The preparation and processing of the ocean Bill of Lading
3) The preparation and processing of dock receipts or delivery orders
4) The preparation and processing of consular documents or export declarations
5) The payment of the ocean freight charges on the cargo
C. Compensation shall be paid upon presentation of a duly certified invoice and may not be deducted from ocean freight and other charges due in accordance with rates and conditions in this Tariff.
D. Bills for compensation will not be honored unless presented to carrier within sixty days of the date of clearance of vessel.
E. Compensation will not be paid on through Bill of Lading cargo originating at port of loading beyond the application of this tariff.
F. No compensation shall be paid to anyone at port or ports of destination.
G. Freight Forwarders who are also Licensed Custom House Brokers shall be paid compensation as specified below based on the aggregate of all rates and charges applicable under this tariff, subject to the above conditions and exceptions.
H. Freight Forwarder Compensation: as specified in the individual NRA/NSAs.
1) Our freight quotations are generally valid for 15 days unless otherwise stated within our "Freight Quotation" form, NRA (Negotiated Rate Arrangement) or NSA (NVOCC Service Arrangement); 2) Cargo is booked and moved per "ALPHA LOGISTICS WORLDWIDE FREIGHT FORWARDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS" as revised; "ALPHA LOGISTICS WORLDWIDE - Tariff 0001" as revised published and made available at www.alphalogisticsworldwide.com/tariff; and any other instrument provided with terms, policies, and notices; 3) Fuel surcharge (fsc) may vary slightly as published or provided by pre-carrier(s) at time to loading; 4) Documentation (shippers letter of instruction, packing list, commercial invoice) are included. If any special/additional documentation or filing beyond those are required per the cargo content or "known" destination country requirements, there may be additional documentation fees applied; 5) If shipping vehicle(s), special fees will be assessed for filing and pre-clearing through AES; 6) If shipping hazardous material, special handling fees above normal documentation will be assessed; 7) All shipment departure/sail and arrival dates/times are estimates and subject to change without notice; 8) All documentation are required to be in at minimum ninety-six hours (96 hours) prior to cargo sailing/departure or before container is in-gated. If shipping vehicles, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) requires a minimum of 72-hours (seventy two hours) to clear vehicle titles for shipment AND Alpha Logistics Worldwide requires original titles and relevant information in office at least 168-hours/7-days prior to scheduled ship sailing date; 9) Failure to provide complete, accurate, timely, and necessary cargo information may result in storage, extra handling, shipment change/roll-over, demurrage, and/or detention fees applied by CBP, Port Authority, Pre-Carriers, Carrier, and any other party handling your cargo; 10) At any time during the course of your shipment, after presentation and/or settling of final invoice, you may request a breakout of all charges relating to your cargo. 11) A non-refundable $500 cancellation fee will be assessed by Alpha Logistics Worldwide plus any other charges levied by contracted parties providing handling, forwarding, storing, processing, warehousing, insuring, and other services/products; 12) Your (Shipper/Exporter) agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, Alpha Logistics Worldwide and its parent, predecessor, successors and affiliates and their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any damage, loss, fine, penalty, fee, expense, or liability of any type or kind whatsoever incurred or sustained by them or applied to this shipment, arising out of, based upon or relating to the booking and forwarding of the cargo set forth in the Freight Quotation arising from actions taken by CBP, Ocean Carriers, Pre-Carriers, Storage Facilities, Loaders and Handlers, or as a result of Shipper's failure to adhere to any of the provisions in paragraphs 1-9 above.
As an OTI (Ocean Transport Intermediary) we are the facilitating entity amongst all parties involved in the shipping process. Accordingly, we serve as the conduit through which information and money is collected and disbursed. WE DO NOT ACCEPT OR PAYOUT IN CASH. Acceptable payment methods are: