Rule 24: NVOCC Bond and Process Agent
A. Bonding of NVOCC
1. Carrier has furnished the Federal Maritime Commission a bond in the amount required by 46 CFR §§ 515, 521 to ensure the financial responsibility of Carrier for the payment of any judgment for damages or settlement arising from its transportation related activities or order for reparations issued pursuant to Section 11 of the Shipping Act, 1984 or penalty assessed pursuant to Section 13 of the Act.
2. Bond No. 10119419
3. Issued By: Issued By: Hudson Insurance Company
B. Agent for Service of Process
1. Carrier's legal agent for the service of judicial and administrative process, including subpoenas is not applicable, Carrier domiciled in the U.S. (See Title Page and/or Tariff Record).
2. In any instance in which the Carrier cannot be served because of death, disability or unavailability, the Secretary of the Federal Maritime Commission will be deemed to be the Carrier’s legal agent for service of process.
3. Service of administrative process, other hand subpoenas, may be effected upon the Carrier by mailing a copy of the documents to be served by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested.
1) Our freight quotations are generally valid for 15 days unless otherwise stated within our "Freight Quotation" form, NRA (Negotiated Rate Arrangement) or NSA (NVOCC Service Arrangement); 2) Cargo is booked and moved per "ALPHA LOGISTICS WORLDWIDE FREIGHT FORWARDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS" as revised; "ALPHA LOGISTICS WORLDWIDE - Tariff 0001" as revised published and made available at www.alphalogisticsworldwide.com/tariff; and any other instrument provided with terms, policies, and notices; 3) Fuel surcharge (fsc) may vary slightly as published or provided by pre-carrier(s) at time to loading; 4) Documentation (shippers letter of instruction, packing list, commercial invoice) are included. If any special/additional documentation or filing beyond those are required per the cargo content or "known" destination country requirements, there may be additional documentation fees applied; 5) If shipping vehicle(s), special fees will be assessed for filing and pre-clearing through AES; 6) If shipping hazardous material, special handling fees above normal documentation will be assessed; 7) All shipment departure/sail and arrival dates/times are estimates and subject to change without notice; 8) All documentation are required to be in at minimum ninety-six hours (96 hours) prior to cargo sailing/departure or before container is in-gated. If shipping vehicles, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) requires a minimum of 72-hours (seventy two hours) to clear vehicle titles for shipment AND Alpha Logistics Worldwide requires original titles and relevant information in office at least 168-hours/7-days prior to scheduled ship sailing date; 9) Failure to provide complete, accurate, timely, and necessary cargo information may result in storage, extra handling, shipment change/roll-over, demurrage, and/or detention fees applied by CBP, Port Authority, Pre-Carriers, Carrier, and any other party handling your cargo; 10) At any time during the course of your shipment, after presentation and/or settling of final invoice, you may request a breakout of all charges relating to your cargo. 11) A non-refundable $500 cancellation fee will be assessed by Alpha Logistics Worldwide plus any other charges levied by contracted parties providing handling, forwarding, storing, processing, warehousing, insuring, and other services/products; 12) Your (Shipper/Exporter) agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, Alpha Logistics Worldwide and its parent, predecessor, successors and affiliates and their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any damage, loss, fine, penalty, fee, expense, or liability of any type or kind whatsoever incurred or sustained by them or applied to this shipment, arising out of, based upon or relating to the booking and forwarding of the cargo set forth in the Freight Quotation arising from actions taken by CBP, Ocean Carriers, Pre-Carriers, Storage Facilities, Loaders and Handlers, or as a result of Shipper's failure to adhere to any of the provisions in paragraphs 1-9 above.
As an OTI (Ocean Transport Intermediary) we are the facilitating entity amongst all parties involved in the shipping process. Accordingly, we serve as the conduit through which information and money is collected and disbursed. WE DO NOT ACCEPT OR PAYOUT IN CASH. Acceptable payment methods are: