Rule 2-110: Restricted Articles
Except as otherwise provided, the following articles will not be accepted for transportation:
1. Cargo, loose on platforms or pallets, except when prior arrangements have been concluded with Carrier.
2. Cargo which because of its inherent vice is likely to impregnate or otherwise damage Carrier’s containers or cargo.
Bank bills, coin or currency; deeds, drafts, notes or valuable paper of any kind; jewelry including costume novelty jewelry, except where otherwise specifically provided, postage stamps or letters and packets of letters with or without postage stamps affixed; precious metals or articles manufactured therefrom; precious stones; revenue stamps; works of art; antiques or other related or unrelated old, rare or precious articles of extraordinary value except when prior arrangements have been concluded with carrier.
4. Ammunition, small arms and high explosive shells.
5. Corpses or cremated remains.
6. Animals, birds, fish, livestock.
7. Eggs, viz: Hatching.
8. Poultry or pigeons, live (including birds, chickens, ducks, pheasants, turkeys, and any other fowl).
9. Silver articles or ware, sterling.
10. Except as otherwise provided herein or in tariffs making reference hereto, articles tendered for transportation will be refused for shipment unless in such condition and so prepared for shipment as to render transportation reasonably safe and practicable. Provisions for the shipment of articles not enclosed in containers does not obligate the carrier to accept an article so offered for transportation when enclosure in a container is reasonably necessary for protection and safe transportation.
11. Carrier, except as provided in tariffs making reference hereto, will not accept for transportation articles which, because of their length, weight or bulk cannot in carrier's judgment be safely stowed wholly within the trailer or containers dimensions.
12. Except as provided in tariffs making reference hereto, shipments requiring temperature control.
13. Shipments containing cargo likely to contaminate or injure other cargo, including green salted hides.
1) Our freight quotations are generally valid for 15 days unless otherwise stated within our "Freight Quotation" form, NRA (Negotiated Rate Arrangement) or NSA (NVOCC Service Arrangement); 2) Cargo is booked and moved per "ALPHA LOGISTICS WORLDWIDE FREIGHT FORWARDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS" as revised; "ALPHA LOGISTICS WORLDWIDE - Tariff 0001" as revised published and made available at www.alphalogisticsworldwide.com/tariff; and any other instrument provided with terms, policies, and notices; 3) Fuel surcharge (fsc) may vary slightly as published or provided by pre-carrier(s) at time to loading; 4) Documentation (shippers letter of instruction, packing list, commercial invoice) are included. If any special/additional documentation or filing beyond those are required per the cargo content or "known" destination country requirements, there may be additional documentation fees applied; 5) If shipping vehicle(s), special fees will be assessed for filing and pre-clearing through AES; 6) If shipping hazardous material, special handling fees above normal documentation will be assessed; 7) All shipment departure/sail and arrival dates/times are estimates and subject to change without notice; 8) All documentation are required to be in at minimum ninety-six hours (96 hours) prior to cargo sailing/departure or before container is in-gated. If shipping vehicles, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) requires a minimum of 72-hours (seventy two hours) to clear vehicle titles for shipment AND Alpha Logistics Worldwide requires original titles and relevant information in office at least 168-hours/7-days prior to scheduled ship sailing date; 9) Failure to provide complete, accurate, timely, and necessary cargo information may result in storage, extra handling, shipment change/roll-over, demurrage, and/or detention fees applied by CBP, Port Authority, Pre-Carriers, Carrier, and any other party handling your cargo; 10) At any time during the course of your shipment, after presentation and/or settling of final invoice, you may request a breakout of all charges relating to your cargo. 11) A non-refundable $500 cancellation fee will be assessed by Alpha Logistics Worldwide plus any other charges levied by contracted parties providing handling, forwarding, storing, processing, warehousing, insuring, and other services/products; 12) Your (Shipper/Exporter) agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, Alpha Logistics Worldwide and its parent, predecessor, successors and affiliates and their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any damage, loss, fine, penalty, fee, expense, or liability of any type or kind whatsoever incurred or sustained by them or applied to this shipment, arising out of, based upon or relating to the booking and forwarding of the cargo set forth in the Freight Quotation arising from actions taken by CBP, Ocean Carriers, Pre-Carriers, Storage Facilities, Loaders and Handlers, or as a result of Shipper's failure to adhere to any of the provisions in paragraphs 1-9 above.
As an OTI (Ocean Transport Intermediary) we are the facilitating entity amongst all parties involved in the shipping process. Accordingly, we serve as the conduit through which information and money is collected and disbursed. WE DO NOT ACCEPT OR PAYOUT IN CASH. Acceptable payment methods are: