Rule 16: Hazardous Cargo
A. All commodities which the office of the Federal Register in their publication entitled "Code of Federal Regulations (46 CFR 146.01-1) - Transportation or Storage of Explosives or other Dangerous Articles or Substances, and Combustible Liquids on board Vessels" prescribed to be carried on cargo vessels on deck only, either in the open or under cover, shall be charged the Dangerous or Hazardous Cargo rate; except where a specific rate is provided for in this tariff.
B. Shipments of inflammable and hazardous cargo referred to in this rule are subject to special booking and shall be delivered at destination in accordance with regulations promulgated by Port Authorities and at the risk and expense of the consignee and/or owners of the goods.
C. The transportation of explosives, will be governed by the United States Code of Federal Regulations, i.e. CFR Titles 49, Shipping Parts 100-199 as revised or superseding regulations, and to the extent applicable, the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMCO) published by the Inter-Governmental Maritime Consultative Organization 101-103 Piccadilly, London, WIV, OAE, England as listed below:
2. Gasses; Compressed, liquefied or dissolved under pressure
3. Inflammable Liquids
4. Inflammable Solids
5. Oxidizing Substances and organic peroxide
6. Poison and infectious substance
7. Radioactive substance
9. Miscellaneous dangerous substance
1) Our freight quotations are generally valid for 15 days unless otherwise stated within our "Freight Quotation" form, NRA (Negotiated Rate Arrangement) or NSA (NVOCC Service Arrangement); 2) Cargo is booked and moved per "ALPHA LOGISTICS WORLDWIDE FREIGHT FORWARDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS" as revised; "ALPHA LOGISTICS WORLDWIDE - Tariff 0001" as revised published and made available at www.alphalogisticsworldwide.com/tariff; and any other instrument provided with terms, policies, and notices; 3) Fuel surcharge (fsc) may vary slightly as published or provided by pre-carrier(s) at time to loading; 4) Documentation (shippers letter of instruction, packing list, commercial invoice) are included. If any special/additional documentation or filing beyond those are required per the cargo content or "known" destination country requirements, there may be additional documentation fees applied; 5) If shipping vehicle(s), special fees will be assessed for filing and pre-clearing through AES; 6) If shipping hazardous material, special handling fees above normal documentation will be assessed; 7) All shipment departure/sail and arrival dates/times are estimates and subject to change without notice; 8) All documentation are required to be in at minimum ninety-six hours (96 hours) prior to cargo sailing/departure or before container is in-gated. If shipping vehicles, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) requires a minimum of 72-hours (seventy two hours) to clear vehicle titles for shipment AND Alpha Logistics Worldwide requires original titles and relevant information in office at least 168-hours/7-days prior to scheduled ship sailing date; 9) Failure to provide complete, accurate, timely, and necessary cargo information may result in storage, extra handling, shipment change/roll-over, demurrage, and/or detention fees applied by CBP, Port Authority, Pre-Carriers, Carrier, and any other party handling your cargo; 10) At any time during the course of your shipment, after presentation and/or settling of final invoice, you may request a breakout of all charges relating to your cargo. 11) A non-refundable $500 cancellation fee will be assessed by Alpha Logistics Worldwide plus any other charges levied by contracted parties providing handling, forwarding, storing, processing, warehousing, insuring, and other services/products; 12) Your (Shipper/Exporter) agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, Alpha Logistics Worldwide and its parent, predecessor, successors and affiliates and their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any damage, loss, fine, penalty, fee, expense, or liability of any type or kind whatsoever incurred or sustained by them or applied to this shipment, arising out of, based upon or relating to the booking and forwarding of the cargo set forth in the Freight Quotation arising from actions taken by CBP, Ocean Carriers, Pre-Carriers, Storage Facilities, Loaders and Handlers, or as a result of Shipper's failure to adhere to any of the provisions in paragraphs 1-9 above.
As an OTI (Ocean Transport Intermediary) we are the facilitating entity amongst all parties involved in the shipping process. Accordingly, we serve as the conduit through which information and money is collected and disbursed. WE DO NOT ACCEPT OR PAYOUT IN CASH. Acceptable payment methods are: